I have a nine year old nephew called Jack who is a natural comedian and I'm sure will end up on the stage. Recently he was set some homework to write instructions on how to make people laugh, in the style of a Jamie Oliver recipe. Here it is...
JACK’S PARTY TRICK
There are lots of different ways to make people laugh. Telling a joke is something that makes people laugh, like knock knock jokes or funny rhymes. Pulling funny faces makes people laugh as well as acting like a clown or performing a party trick. This party trick is more of a pose but it still makes my family laugh.
What you need
· Plenty of space
· A mat
What to do
1. Sit on the floor, with your legs in front of you.
2. Lean backwards resting on your left hand.
3. Next, with your right hand, lift your right leg and pull your foot up onto your head.
4. With the other foot, splay out your toes as wide apart as possible.
5. While holding this position, stretch your tongue out and then curl it up onto your nose.
6. Finally, wiggle your thumb joint. It’s a better effect if you’re double jointed like me.
If you do try this at home neither Jack nor I accept any responsibility for injuries you may sustain ;-)