- No hours spent preparing meals that are baby friendly only to have them spectacularly rejected after three mouthfuls.
- No battle of wills at mealtimes...I will feed you this nutritious food...you will not!
- No angst over baby eating 'food' that is nutritionally void.
- No angst over whether the most ridiculous convoluted bedtime regime will culminate in baby deciding to drink some milk.
- No guilt over putting baby in cage playpen.
- No angst about the effect of hours in front of cbeebies on beloved baby's development.
- No concerns about the effect of dinner eating/milk drinking performance on forthcoming nights sleep.
- Enjoyment of evening out undiminished by prospect of early morning.
- Sufficient time without needing to attend to baby to apply nail polish and let it dry without smudging.
- Sufficient time without needing to attend to baby to have shower, wash hair, blow dry hair, apply real make up (ie beyond a quick slick of mascara) and get dressed in a coordinated outfit.
- The ability to actually leave for dinner looking pristine ie without food, poo, vomit ,snot or dribble on clothes and/or in hair.
- Sufficient time to arrive for dinner feeling calm and relaxed and even with time to spare for pre dinner drinks.
- Sleeping in until 10am completely undisturbed.
- Freshly awakened mind being spared the impending stress of the day and therefore being able to get up without feeling weighed down.
I know this is the bit where I should say 'but it was so nice to see him when I got back' and 'despite it all I really wouldn't have it any other way'...
I will do a review type post about my mini spa break another time, but for now let's just say it was truly fabulous :-)