CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 3 January 2010

New Year Resolution #2 and a catch up ramble

Well, since my last post on new years day there are so many blog posts I want to do, but as always, so little time.  I was tagged by the lovely Diney to partake in the High five Meme which, for me, is always an honour.  I had also been planning to do a post inspired by the Daily Mail's 'How To Have A Happy Life' article, only to find that The Wife Of Bold has beaten me to it.  All is not lost on this front however as she very kindly turned it into an 'open' meme so that even though I wasn't tagged I can still participate.  Very inclusive I thought ;-)  And then, of course, there is my outstanding list of new year goals which are yet to be posted.


Whilst I will definitely come back to the meme's, and look forward to it, I have decided to prioritise posting my new year goals.  I am posting them one by one so that I can expand on the why and how and believe that this exercise will clarify my thinking and make me more likely to achieve them.  I know this is rather self indulgent but hope you will forgive me ?


So, on with my second goal.  I should say at this point that these numbers are only significant with regard to the order in which I am posting them.  Certainly not any kind of order of importance.


2.  Learn to sew.


Largely due to being inspired by Mad Mummy's ( The Mad House )  learning to sew last year, and her wonderful creations since, I have decided that the time has come for me to do the same.


I have an electric sewing machine in the shed that I bought second hand about 15 years ago and have never used.  Sadly, in my numerous house moves, it is now minus the electric cable and the instruction manual.  However, part one of achieving my goal is to rectify this by taking it to a repair centre to get it serviced and buy a replacement cable.  I also hope to establish the model so that I can source a replacement manual - the internet really is a wonderful thing !


Once I have my sewing machine in working order I can begin to learn to sew and I have enrolled in an online course care of  Valerie at Frugal Family Fun Blog and can't wait to get started.  In the meantime I am looking for a cheap, but good quality and reliable online supplier of all things sewing related, including fabric.  If you know of anywhere, and if I haven't bored you into clicking away and you are still with me perhaps you could leave me a few suggestions ?


The one project that I am wanting to do above anything else is to make Star a xmas stocking/sack with his name on it.  I can already do the embroidery, so just need to make the stocking/sack.  Wish me luck !


PS I do apologise if this post is even more 'rambly' and full of typos than usual.  I am typing this with one one and three quarter eyes on the world darts final and it's gripping !

Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. learning to sew has been on my resolution list for the past three years, although last year it was number two to learning to knit. I have done neither. May be this is a crafty year for us all!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this should be one of my resolutions too! I have a sewing machine but not the room to use it at the moment. It would be great to make clothes for K. Let us know how you get on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really enjoyed learning to sew, it has given me something to use my hands on when I have spare time and keep away from the PC a little bit. I am sure you will have fun. I have a few sources of fabric. I will come back and link to them all!!

    ReplyDelete