CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 18 January 2010

Why everyone, yes even you, should watch American Idol...

...at least once.  Just give it a try.  I bet you won't be disappointed.




I have noticed a distinct lack of American Idol tweeting and have concluded that this must mean that you are yet to discover this particular joy.  So, in order to satisfy my need to be of service to you all, I will endeavour to explain.


For the completely uninitiated American Idol is rather like the X Factor.  There are nationwide auditions, followed by a weekend in Hollywood to select the finalists.  Then, each week, they all sing and the US public vote for their favourites, with the least popular going home.  And of course, as is inevitable, one of the four judges is The Cowell.


Now, if you're thinking 'I don't even like the x factor' well neither do I !  I don't watch it because the talent is usually somewhat thin on the ground, the hype is unbearable, and the british voting public seem determined to back the novelty acts to the detriment of those with talent.  However, the same cannot be said for American Idol.  The quality of the finalists is so much better that every week there are a number of stunning vocal performances.  There are no 'novelty acts' and generally speaking the weakest are voted out first.  As it should be in a talent contest.


If you do watch X Factor and particularly enjoy the audition stages, this is bigger and better.  More auditions, more deluded and many simply crazy...it's just hilarious, but with some incredible talent too.


So if you are at least intrigued to find out more tune in to ITV2 on Wednesday at 8pm and let me know what you think :-)



Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. I can't bring myself to watch any of these shows because if I watch once then I'm hooked! That's what happened with The Apprentice and I'm a celebrity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here - we both get hooked so easily. And now Dancing on Ice is back, and the new I can Dance.....good family viewing, though, so they serve a purpose these cold winter nights!I have seen American Idol once or twice when at the gym (!) and there is/are some excellent talent, unlike most of the rubbishy ones that appear on our X Fac, though I admit we were hooked on that too. Oh Dear!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hype and the noise during the Xfactor is unbearable, as it was during the NTA's last night - same presenter too I believe (can't remember his name).

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love American Idol!! I've been watching it for the last few years and have even got my OH addicted to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love American Idol!! I've been watching it for the last few years and have even got my OH addicted to it!

    ReplyDelete