CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 31 January 2010

Tea and a chat

Having just read The Madhouse's last post, in part about tea I thought I would share this, my favourite tea quotation from William Gladstone...



If you are cold, tea will warm you; 
if you are too heated, it will cool you; 
if you are depressed, it will cheer you; 
if you are excited, it will calm you.

This is so very apt for me, describing my relationship with tea perfectly.  There have been many, many occasions throughout my life when I don't know what I would have done without it, my ever present friend.  I've just read that back and think I sound like a proper sado !

Now that we've done the tea, it's time for the chat.  I feel the need for a good catch up again.  I have been in Devon, without much internet access since last Monday and got back yesterday so feel totally out of touch with you all. So here is a whistle stop tour of what's been going on in my world...

Sewing - I now have a machine ! A Brother ES 2020 if that means anything to any of you.  I had an unexpected little windfall, and rather than fritter it away I thought I would get a machine.  I also have some fabric, and some thread so I'm all ready to start the online sewing course that I subscribed to earlier this month.

Duck Feeding -   I have managed it a whole three times since the new year...not good.  But in my defence we have had inclement weather and I have been in Devon for a week so I'm back on the case, which started with a little outing this afternoon. The Daddy even joined us and we went into the cafe for tea and cake before coming home :D  Easily pleased !

Drawing - miserable failure I'm afraid.  I have flicked through my book and unpacked the box of 'equipment'.  That's it.

Baby Making - An even more miserable failure.  I'm already taking the drugs for another go next month, and will be going for scanning the week after next.  I don't know whether it will work out though as The Daddy has to be away on a  course at the time he may be needed so all in all not good.  I'm REALLY cheesed off as I was convinced we were going to be successful this time.  Unrealistic ?  probably, but that's how I felt.  So cheesed off with it am I that at the moment I am a whisker away from abandoning the whole thing :(  I'm sure I'll get over it...

Last but not least Star has developed a nasty eczema type rash all over his trunk, and less so on his arms and legs.  Nothing on his hands, feet, bum or face.  It doesn't appear to bother him but it bothers me.  It started a couple of months ago with a few small patched and has gradually increased but seems to have gone mad over the last week or so.  I need to get to the bottom of what is causing it but am slightly confused at the moment.  A couple of months ago we started making his porridge with cows milk, and at the time I thought his poo turned slightly green, but my mother said to give it time for his system to get used to it so I persisted with it.  The poo situation improved, and as he has had cows milk formula, yoghurts, fromage frais and cheese for months I assumed it wasn't to blame.  But as it's the only 'untreated' cows milk he's had I am now wondering if it is causing the eczema.  I have started making his porridge with goats milk today to see if that makes a difference, but I'm not convinced it will.  I'm really worried he's developed a dairy allergy, as he has also been quite 'snotty' since he was a baby, and dairy can do this.  We'll see.

For anyone that has tagged me in a meme since the new year, and I know there are a few of you, I do apologise for my tardiness in responding.  I do intend to participate...sometime...


  

 

Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you all, chin up nad you know where I am for a chat.

    Regarding the milk, yep it can be mucus forming, but as you know diary is a hugh leap for children, espcially moving from breast too. If you are going down the gaots or soya milk route, you need to exclude all cows milk products. Although thinking about it if it is only his trunk could it be water powder or water based, the boys tend to get it in their crooks forst (knees and elbows).

    Plus talk to me albout calming oils for Fin, as this last 2/3 weeks he has turned in to a temper boy please

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that you have got a sewing machine, will be keen to hear what you make.
    Hope the other situations improve.
    All three of mine have had eczema at some point, and it's so difficult trying to pin down underlying causes.
    As for tea - well I even mention it in my profile, and did a whole post on it. I'm going to go and have a cup now xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting that you have got a sewing machine, will be keen to hear what you make.
    Hope the other situations improve.
    All three of mine have had eczema at some point, and it's so difficult trying to pin down underlying causes.
    As for tea - well I even mention it in my profile, and did a whole post on it. I'm going to go and have a cup now xx

    ReplyDelete